Autoweek - Who needs a 401k when you've got a 80 16v!

On 3/3/06, Jim Ruffi <sciroccos@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I guess it's all in the presentation.  If you try to sell a good car on the
> 'tex, it's worth $1200.  The same car on Autotrader is $3200 and $2,750,000
> at Barrett Jackson.  Guess where I'll be selling my next car?

I'm really curious, actually, how much a perfect cherry Mk1 would go
for at Barrett Jackson, or perhaps a period correct racing version, or
if a Boyd Coddington or Chip Foose type were to get their hands on
one...
Any wagers?

I remember a guy on Vortex a while back selling a Mk1 for something
wild like 9-10K and said that if it didn't sell he was going to take
it to Barrett Jackson and that he was confident he'd get more than
that there.  (It was a gorgeous original car, IIRC)

My guess would be $18-24K for a cherry 75 or about the same for a
legit racer with history...

-Grant-