From: C Boyko [mailto:roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca]
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 10:02 PM
To: Michael Bueti
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: SPAM-LOW: Re: Mk1 transmission removal AGONY!

On 9:51:51 pm 06/30/06 "Michael Bueti" <michaelbuetiwon@gmail.com> wrote:
> thank to everyone!!!  I'll be back @ this Sunday morning to finish.
> The bolts are 12 pt allen heads, and I'm using a 6 pt allen head w/
> the aid of a hammer but I removed the d/s strut assembly and worked
> off the axle. I think I'm gonna attemt removing the tranny with the
> axles still attached.
>
> Note: this is the "Parts Edition" 80 I picked up last winter and the
> tranny is being donated to my pops for his (well one of his) 82 Rabbit
> convertibles w/a bum tranny. So after I conquer the removal of the
> transmission, there will be no install.
>
> thanks for all of the great advice. You have all encouraged me to get
> this bastard out!!

So tomorrow, when it looks bleak, just get that bastard out!!!!!! If Daun
and I can do it in an airport parking lot (twice), you can too! GL with it,
and gave them bolts hell. :) I was advised by a wise person to use a long
extension and some wobblies, works nicely, with the tap tap, of course.
(I'll be going the other way before long, this new one is an "axles
detached" edition, what good is THAT?!! Talk about bad fuel mileage, not to
mention  lack of forward motivation!) Cathy, hands full of axle grease once
again...