New to List, needing a little info

Hey, welcome to the list! A MKI no matter the shape is always welcome. And don't let the MKII guys get you down :)
I might have a few spares that might help in the future. (I'll know for sure soon).
Good luck!

ew to the Rocco list but not new to Dubs or lists. I'm on Vortex and the yahoo list as well, and was on the Triumphs list at AutoX when I had my GT6 and you might also remember about four years ago some ice racing pics posted from the Audifans list when I had my quat. But I'm here now and that's what matters. First I'd like to say it was a complete fluke that I found a MK1 'rocco in Southern New Mexico but I'm glad I saved it. It's an 81 in rough shape, bad paint, a leaky aftermarket pop up roof, and a poorly swapped 91 1.8L 8V Digifant 2. My first non CIS VAG car ever. I also have saved a 88 GTI 16V from going to the wreckers after a T-bone.... So there's hope yet. I'm less show and more go kind of tuner so I'm not worried about the paint accept to clean up the rust and get rid of the horrible hole in my roof. The intermediate project is still to rip out the 1.8 16V and put it complete into the Rocco because I know it runs. The ultimate finish is to build up a 2.0 ABA block with 16V head and 85 to 89 Turbo deisel tranny or 4K tranny, and then look into Turbo. I had good experiences with my 89 Jetta GTX 16V when I blew the original tranny and had the TD tranny put in.