The Free Car...

Need to clarify something as my original post appears to have been
misunderstood by several on the list. The car is not being given away by me.
It was a free scirocco that was being destroyed today(Saturday) if it stayed
with the guy that owned it. It was free to the taker who happened to be Al.
The car was posted on the vortex and Al called about it. It was also
mentioned here on the list and many were aware of it. I only came into the
scene when Al called me and asked if I could arrange to pick it up as he
couldn't make it to Charleston this week.  He had no idea when he called
that the car was sitting in a yard less than two miles from my house.

I was just posting to the list for those that were aware of the car and the
deal and to anyone else that may have been interested in the happenings.  My
apologies to anyone who was getting excited about a trip to Charleston to
pick up a free car (side note injected here: If any of the listers are ever
headed this way for travels or vacation hit me up, I have space to crash and
a fridge in the garage that is always filled with a variety of soft drinks
and bottled water. Stays can be short or for a week, always open for
visitors.)

Al is the new owner of this car and I am pretty sure he is going to make
this into a regularly used vehicle (as it should be.) The car is in pretty
good shape, just needs a few things here and there.

Again, My apologies if my original post was misleading. I did not intend for
it to be that way. Some of the responses I have gotten have told me that I
needed to clear that up.

For what it's worth I know of an 82 that has been sitting in a driveway that
hasn't moved for several years. I haven't talked with the guy as I have no
room for it. If there is real interest I could go find out if they are
interested in getting rid of it.

Wait, where you guys when I had to get rid of the 86 when the 80 was given
to me?  I tried for several weeks to find a home on the list for it and
ended up giving it to a local dub guy that has done nothing with it. Shame,
shame...

Anyway, hope that clears things up a little and no one is pissed.  I'll have
more pics later of the car all cleaned up.

Dave

David Winchell, II
87 2.0L 16V Scirocco
84 Scirocco BBS Turbo G60