From: Gordon Forbess [mailto:gforbess@attglobal.net]
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 15:08
To: danws69@earthlink.net
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Rare '76.5 "Super" Scirocco

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:29:10 -0400, "Dan Snow" <danws69@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>WHY DO THEY *ALWAYS* HAVE TO BE ON THE WRONG FUCKING COAST!!!

In the case of this particular 76.5 model, I don't think they were
originally sold anyplace but California.  It was emissions problems with the
Zenith carb (not to mention the horrible driveability) that forced VW to
introduce FI here before the rest of the country.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9 http://pws.prserv.net/gforbess/scirocco/scirocco.htm