The Free Car...

Ok, Well as you may have read last night, a guy that is local to me had
posted to the vortex that he needed to get rid of his scirocco as he was
getting married and as of Saturday the car was going to the bone yard. Al
called him and set everything up for the car to be picked up and saved.

As the car was several blocks from my house, I set up a time this morning to
go over, fill the tires and throw a battery in and hopefully get it home.
Only two of the tires needed air and once the battery (borrowed from my 87
2.0L 16V) was in place, she cranked right over.  The car will need some work
if it is to be restored. There is some minor rust here and there as well as
some body work. Mechanically, car is fair to average. The car runs, idles
and accelerates well. The bearings are going to need to be redone as well as
the brakes are going to need to be worked over. Overall it isn't in too bad
of shape.

Here are some pics as it was after the trip from his neighborhood to mine.
I'll have the kids scrub the car tomorrow and take some more pics to post
then.

http://scirocco.dyn.dhs.org/vw/list/Xavsbud/The%2084%20Cali/  Hopefully that
woks.  This is the first time I have posted pics from Al's machine.

AL, Come and get her.  She needs a good home.

Dave

David Winchell, II

87 2.0L 16V Scirocco

84 Scirocco BBS Turbo G60

80 Scirocco S

04 .:R32 DBP

00 Silverado

84 Scirocco California edition? (Not really mine, but it's sitting in my
drive 'til Al picks her up)