wanna head job

   my '85 has timing issues and exhaust leaks. the first can be easily
adjusted, but the latter has broken studs. i have an extra head laying
around but it needs repair (bad spark plug hole & one broken stud). i am
thinking of having it rebuilt.
   at this point, money IS an object. i would love a p&p, but that ain't
happening. i was considering just having the hole and stud fixed, but
i'm not sure that reseating the valves and shims would be such a bad
idea. this is, of course, on a solid lifter head. should i go hydraulic
and, if so, what are the advantages to a hydraulic head?
   also, while the head is off, should i do anything to the block? the
car doesn't burn oil or mix and still pulls strong, even with bad
timing. i'll be throwing a ported intake w/ larger t-body at it and the
4-2 manifold also.
   as this will be my first experience with this and things being what
they are, i'm not looking to rebuild the whole thing. i have a local
carquest with a number of people have referred to me but would be
interested in know other peoples' experiences. thanx.

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com