Short Shift Kit (how to get it off the tranny)

If you are looking at the tranny like it would be installed in the car,
(facing the differential side) Push the shift lever all the way forward,
then rotate it counterclockwise and it should click into gear.  I think
that's first anyway- either first or reverse.  Easy way to test is to turn
the input shaft clockwise and watch which direction the flanges turn.  If
it's backwards, then click it the other way.  :P

Brendan
84 Scirocco 8v