Resonations

I've been infront of those rather mamoth speakers before, then working on O'Hare Field for 8.5 years brought my left ear down 35%.

  I find if you ask people to repeat themselves enough they tend to quit annoying me and walk away.

  So there is a plus to hearing loss after all.

Phil Boeye <roccophil@gmail.com> wrote:
  Read an article in Newsweek awhile ago on the current young generation
and how they collectively are displaying hearing problems consistent
with the 50+ crowd. An audacious achievement.

I used to play in nightclubs in front of a stack of Marshalls and
system speakers. And then there were all the obligatory hard rock
concerts right in front of the speakers. I can honestly tell a
certain loss of hearing. It mainly displays itself in the form of not
hearing very well in a crowd of people, especially indoors. Terrible
to track a conversation that way.

Earphones are the devil. I hang stuff around my neck or kind of on
top of my head near the ears at times (when alone, because hey -
that's weird). They really need to work on something that is better
than earphones. The simple physics of it tell you it is horrible.

But to be young and indestructible again.

-Phil