Canada eh? - Now: Blowed up real good...

> I wish...  The A/C blows warm air...  :(

It functioned when I bought it... Well... For about the first 5 minutes,
after which it let out this wonderful plume of freon.  My guess is the high
side hose let go.

> Here's a pic of what's coming out the tailpipe now:
>
> <http://home.cogeco.ca/~mardak/uh_oh.jpg>

Holy crap.  Did it actually coat the driveway?  I've never seen mobil 1
synthetic look so freggin dark.

> Whats really freaking me out is that this happened less than
> 2km AFTER getting home from a 1700km trek from GA yesterday -
> talk about good timing! (yes, I'm considering a blown head
> gasket a good thing!  I'm just glad it didn't happen
> somewhere in the middle of nowhere on the trip up here.)

I'm happy you made it.  That's some serious luck you have there.  With my
luck, that would have happened like 5 miles from the house (back at the
start of the trip).

> Here's a pic of the first "breakdown" of the trip:
>
> <http://home.cogeco.ca/~mardak/breakdown.jpg>
>
> I was approached at many of the fuel stops by curious people
> who had no idea VW made a truck

Get used to that response - I got it all the time.  I think I got more looks
in the Caddy than in the Rieger.  They usually followed it up with
'really?', 'diesel too!', '50 mpg*(#&%*(@', 'I've gotta get me one of
those!'.

Al