Fuel tank

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 17:15:34 -0400, SHAWN FALZARNO <falzsf@shaw.ca>
wrote:

>Hello all i have had a big headache with my rocco' lately. I had it parked for 4 year and rebuild the engine (JH) but it has a wierd problem every now and than it runs rough or even dies if I turn the car off and then on again it is fine. Than after awhile it does it again. i have replaced alot of parts on it, one bad thing is that the fuel tank it pretty rusted inside, so after putting in a new fuel pump, aux pump, new injectors all 4, new coil, replace the filter a few times asss alot of rust was collecting there. I have decide my last real option is get a new tank. Of course the cost of a new tank is crazy so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on this? Maybe a tanks for a different car that is cheaper, of course this may be a pain in the ass but hey. Or i was thinking of restore it or something. I live in toronto maybe someone has one i can buy, or know i good place to get it renewed. Any idea would be great...

Also carefully check the filler pipe for rust.  I used the local
http://gastankrenu.com guy in LA to redo my filler pipe since I
couldn't find a replacement (the tank was ok).

I have no idea what their cost for cleaning and recoating a tank would
be (filler pipe alone was $30 IIRC), but it's an alternative you might
want to check out.  The tanks I saw in the shop looked like new and I
see they do have some locations in the Great White North.  HTH

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9