From: SHAWN FALZARNO [mailto:falzsf@shaw.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 5:16 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Fuel tank

Hello all i have had a big headache with my rocco' lately. I had it parked
for 4 year and rebuild the engine (JH) but it has a wierd problem every now
and than it runs rough or even dies if I turn the car off and then on again
it is fine. Than after awhile it does it again. i have replaced alot of
parts on it, one bad thing is that the fuel tank it pretty rusted inside, so
after putting in a new fuel pump, aux pump, new injectors all 4, new coil,
replace the filter a few times asss alot of rust was collecting there. I
have decide my last real option is get a new tank. Of course the cost of a
new tank is crazy so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on this? Maybe
a tanks for a different car that is cheaper, of course this may be a pain in
the ass but hey. Or i was thinking of restore it or something. I live in
toronto maybe someone has one i can buy, or know i good place to get it
renewed. Any idea would be great......

Shawn F
95 scirocco 1.8L 8V JH
280 thou KM's