California Edition Saga

Unfortunately the car was a bust. I flew into San Jose on Wednesday evening
and got a ride from the car's owner to Boulder Creek to see the car. It was
completely dark by the time I got there and could not tell much about the
body but that is not where the car's issues were.

The California Edition was pretty heavily modified, a crank-style sunroof
was botched into it, the manifold + down pipe was replaced with a header, an
odd throttle body installed, some REAL dark tint and power windows slapped
on. The worst part is that EVERYTHING under the hood was HORRIBLY rusted!
Every single bolt looked like it spent the last 23 years in NY State, not
California! I stayed overnight and checked out the car again in the morning
to find that it has obviously been re-painted and some repaired front end
damage.

Being that I needed to drive the 3500 miles to San Diego and then home I
decided to pass on the car. The car's owner was ?ber-nice the whole time and
gave me a ride back to San Jose to pickup a rental car which got me to San
Diego (technically Rancho Bernardo) where I am now for a friend's wedding.

I believe that the car's owner is keeping the car, even though three years
ago Jeff T. was in contact when she wanted to sell it but changed her mind!
;-)

More to come....

-Marc