Okay, I'm confused (posting pictures)

I'm not familiar with the procedure for posting pictures, I have slow
dialup, as many of you know, right now I'm connected at 24.0Kbps, yeah,
small b, whopping big K. My files are large, which Brett says was okay, so
I got Drew to host them, and he then sent them/the link? to Allyn and Brett
for me, since he can send them quickly. I didn't realize there are certain
file names that are problematic, so Allyn had to rename them. I appreciate
all of this.

So I got this from Don W??? (why Don W?)

On 10:21 pm 07/14/06 "Don Walter" <dswalterwi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Cathy,
> Here is the link to Allyn's web site.  ftp:// (address has been removed
> since I was told not to direct you there)
> Make a folder for yourself then copy your files up.  Don't use this
> address to announce people to view.
>
> Use this address to lead people to your pictures: http://scirocco.dyn.
> dhs.org/vw/list/
>
> These were instructions from Allyn.
>
> HTH

So a question, do I not need to open the pictures to create the folder? I
really am not understanding this, I have a limited understanding of how
this stuff works since I really just do not have the time to up/download
stuff at the speed I'm on at. (a thumbnail takes 2-3 minutes to upload) And
of course, the site he gave me requires a login and password, so I can't
really check it out anyway, I don't have them.
Yeah, I need photo posting for dummies. And no, there are no other viable
internet options for me. I'd really appreciate step by step help. I know
you don't care since Cincy photos are ancient history, but I do eh?
Cathy