Scirocco of Waterfest!!

Reporting in from Scranton Pa!!

Well, I have to say one of the highlights was meeting Michael Bee's dad, HE
needs to come to Cincy. A man after my own heart, the whole concept of
rubbing your kid's noses in their automotive wreckage...(not to mention
he's owned 11 Roccs...)
It was a very laid back weekend, we're not quite home yet, but well on the
way.

It was great to talk to everyone, Jim R, Timbo, Michael and his dad, I
spent a good bit of time talking to BenB too, he's got a green MkI like
mine, he used to be on the list, not sure if he still lurks. And of course
the crew at the Embassy, the Bastard, Getty, Peter, the Vermont Arms',and I
know I forgot a pile of folks I chatted with, but it was really laid back
this year, our hotel was clamped down by local law enforcement, they got it
right this year, they let us hang out and drink in the lot, but no
burnouts, (their other concerns were doobies and fights, none of that I
noticed either). It was good to see Paullie's and Jim's gorgeous MkIIs all
polished up, and Butch is always easy on the eye (all three on delicious
rims....). Not as many .orgers as my earlier years there, which is a shame,
this year I was actually in a decent enough mood to be social. No pizza
rants for me this year.
Klaus and I had a decent day at the track, he was slow (dialed a 16.85) but
then again, he had half my tools, luggage, a bunch of Rocco parts, etc
loaded into him, so he probably bloated up to nearly A4 weight, and it was
friggin HOT!!!!! I won my class, Denny got eliminated in my 16V, and a
fellow named Eugene (from Conn. I believe?) in a MkI with an ABA turbo won
his class, so roccos were well represented on the strip (there were a few
others too) No rain, no disasters so far. But we're not home yet...
Cathy