New here, 8v questions.

Good Morning everyone,
I asked a friend of mine a few questions about building a frankenstein 8v
and he said that I should ask here.  So, here goes.

I have:
1.8l 16v (pl code) engine, from the headgasket down.
G60 engine from the headgasket up
8v digifant golf parts car, with engine and drivetrain intact.

I want to build a high-compression 8v.  Why?  Because I think it'll be fun
and relatively inexpensive.

What I was originally thinking is that if I bolt the G60 head onto the 16v
bottom end (with .040 shaved off the pistons) I would wind up with about
14:1 compression ratio.

The Vortex said that if I use 9a (2.0l 16v) pistons, that the compression
will drop to 13.5:1, and I won't have to worry about the reliability of
modified parts.

Next question is the head, I was originally thinking that I'd just use the
G60 head, but it sounds like if I get a solid lifter head I'll be able to
rev it higher than with the G60 head.

So, what do you think I should do?

--
-Eric

"There is no substitute for adult supervision" -BIC