Update A beautiful day....

The guy swore he could find a fender for the car. After an hour, he got out of his car and told me all the yards for miles around just laughed at him. Hehehe. I told him :)
I aid I MIGHT be able to get a fender for $250 + shipping. So he posted it as such. Total? If the fender was clear coated, the car would be totaled. Remove the clear coat and you end up with $648.
Hey. I could buy another fender AND still buy another VW! Yeee Haaa!