OT: breaking and entering

Ther's no one else to share this story with, so you, gentle readers, get to
read it.

I do a lot of housesitting for houses or pets.  At the moment I'm
housesitting in a restored victorian that dates to about 1870 or so.  The
full deal with porch, 3 floors and a *cupola *even!
I managed to lock myself out.  Damn!  There are 4 exterior doors on the
ground level.  All locked, with my keys and cell phone inside.  BALLS!  I
checked with the neighbor and they don't have a spare.  DAMN!
I poke around in the garage.. nothing of use, (excpt the jaguar XJR, but
that's a whole 'nother story <evil grin>)  I go into th ebasement.  BINGO!
a long extention ladder.
So I drag out the ladder and extend it. Up I go to the 2nd floor deck (above
the kitchen)  Then pull the ladder up and go  to the roof of the 2nd floor.
Pull the ladder up  Go to the roof of the 3rd floor.  Pull the ladder up and
climb in the unlocked window of the 4th floor cupola.  Down the ladder from
the cupola, find my keys, UNLOCK the back door and then realize.... I have
to do it all in reverse to get the ladder down  lol.  And all this in
flip-flops, I'm an idiot.
What would life be without little adventures?

GP
--
84 Scirocco Wolfsberg - The Red Baron aka Weekend FunWagen
91 Jetta - Still needs a name aka DailyBattleWagen