The "free 8v" saga...

So on the 4th I headed up to Dave Winchells place for some 4th of July fun, and to drive the rescued 8v back.  All went well, though
I found out the hard way regarding some missing fluids (overheating almost immediately - low on coolant / popping out of 5th an hour
from home - low on tranny fluid - causing me to drive an hour, at 70, in 4th, on a 4k (ugh)).

Anyhow, now that the car made it, I checked it out under the hood.  You know that feeling you get when you look under a hood and you
feel that the thing has just never broken down, never been messed with, never been trashed?  Everything was in place as it would be
from the factory.  The under-hood foamy stuff was there as well, but it didn't withstand so much as a light pass from the water hose
before disintegrating (surprisingly easy, actually, though it did make a bloody mess).  As Dave had already given the outside a
cleaning, I spent the better part of the afternoon giving it some much needed interior and engine-bay cleaning.  It also helped me
figure out why the thing severely torque steers to the right - something got run over - HARD.  The PO claims it was a possom or
something, but whatever it was, not only did it fold/crush the lower radiator support, it bent an A-arm as well.

My last white Scirocco was ironically, my first (10 ago).  Detailing the engine bay had a sort of nostalgia to it.  It was a little
creepy actually.

Pics:
http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/pics/0-allyn/8v-2/index.htm

Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger Scirocco GTO 2.0 16v (my daily, 220k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX (30% complete, rocco #7)
86.5 Occo 16v Trailer (rocco #8)
86 Scirocco ('98 guts - ABA 8v) (autox beast, 60k, rocco #9)
8? Scirocco (frebie from SC) (fixin it up, rocco #10)
91 Jetta 16V (wifes daily, 150k)
89 Jetta 16V (from cincy '05 - 140k, yes it still runs)
90 Passat GL 16V (wifes old daily, 220k)