Trouble starting

The stock cables are pretty much junk, especially after 20 years.
Doing all main power to starter and alt. and all grounds only takes an
afternoon and is well worth the time, even if it doesnt fix the problem.
It should be one of those mandatory things to do when you first buy the
car.  Same goes for vacuum hoses.
The stuff at Parts Express from P3 is really cheap and on clearance I
think, and would work great.  I think they have most terminals and
connectors, as well as fat wire.  For 30 bucks or so you can redo all
the main power cabling.
May not sort your starting problem out, but good to do anyways.

Eric