Gingerman track day

At cincy, I was kicking around the idea of doing an informal track day
at Gingerman sometime this summer.  We dont really get to do much real
driving during the annual GTG, so I thought this might be a good way to
get some people out on the track that have their cars prepped a little
and enjoy going fast instead of polishing paint.

I got to thinking about it recently, so I took a look at the schedule
for the track yesterday, and it looks like one possibility is the first
weekend in August.  By weekend, I actually mean thurs. nite and friday.
  They usually do open testing on tues.-thurs. nites from 5:30 to 8:30,
but on the friday of Aug. 4th, they have an open track day all day long.
  It does look like PCA of chicago has the track for the weekend, so I'm
not sure if it would be possible to use the track at all over the
weekend, but I think I know some people in the PCA who could maybe let
us run with them if needed.

Basically I just wanted to throw the idea out to the midwest listers and
see if there is any interest and what dates work for people.  Here is
the schedule: http://www.gingermanraceway.com/event2006-april.html
As you can see the weekends are booked for clubs mostly, so that is why
the august 4 date seems to be a good compromise between taking off work
in the middle of the week to get three hours at nite, or trying to score
some time with another car club for a weekend.

I know CVO has a track day in october, but I was trying to get something
  in the next month or so, while its still light at nite and warm outside.

LMK,

Eric Person
86.5 16v