OT: Q about teardrops

I spent a few hours cleaning up some teardrops for my Jetta (striped the
clearcoat and then polished)
Today I got them finished up and on the car.  I installed them and got 3 of
the centercaps on just fine. Turns out the threads inside the wheel on the
4th one are stripped, and none of the centercaps will stay.
Sure, the *right* think to do is to drill it and retap, but is there an
easier way?  That is to say, is there a faster way for a lazy bum like me?
TIA!

GP

--
84 Scirocco Wolfsberg - The Red Baron aka Weekend FunWagen
91 Jetta - Still needs a name aka DailyBattleWagen