Alex/Timbo/Julie!! Tech note request

OKay, I know that Alex has documented a MkII in advanced cancerous states,
and Jules has some MkI photos with repairs for the problem spots. I was
wondering if Timbo could roll all of that into a ball and make a "How to
know if your rotten car is dead or only needing surgery" tech note. I have
one with some rot, and would like to know what constitutes repairable, and
what is too dangerous to fix. It may save some cars, and may save some
lives too, who knows?
So what do you all say? I figure it'd be useful to have it all in one spot,
especially for those considering purchase of one, they're all getting older
eh? And I bet they all rust in the same exact spots.
What do you say Timbo?
Cathy