What's up with Vintage Rubber?

Reviving this conversation to say that I got in touch with Randy and my
order arrived last night. I sent an email to his personal account and all
went smoothly from there. He was very easy to deal with once I knew how to
get in touch with him :) Hopefully everything gets ironed out on the website
cause I think I'm going to need a windshield seal soon. Thanks for the
contact info Kirsten!

The seal looks like good quality, can't wait to get it in. I have a couple
questions first though. What I'm dealing with is the hatch seal (hatch to
body, not the glass). Mr. Bubb pointed out to me that the seal that was in
there wasn't original and was missing a metal clip that helps it hold on to
the car (plus wasn't tall enough, hence the leaking). Is this part necessary
or can I just put some sort of adhesive sealant on the seal to do the same
job? Also, I know at least the top edge has some rust from the seal holding
water against the metal. What is the reccommended method to tackle this?

Nate