Was: WTB Headers, Now: Motor Mounts Tech Day v2

On 1/26/06, Neptuno <neptunonc@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Another tech day for motor mounts is in Order...
>
> El T

I think so.
My plan right now is to wait until my '79 gets stripped (date is still
to be determined) and taking the motor mounts from that.  I'll have
the brackets and such sandblasted and either paint them really well or
maybe even powdercoat.  Have the inserts pressed in and just swap them
out entirely.  I'm pretty sure that's what Timbo did in his writeup on
motor mounts and it looked like the way to go.  Once I have those we
can either do it as a tech day or I can just do it at my base hobby
shop for $4 of lift rental.  I have to admit that after using a lift I
have very little inclination to go sliding around on my back on the
ground any more.  Dan, you hear that?   Know what that means?  It
means you TOTALLY need a lift in your garage.  hehe.

-Grant-