Test drove an A5 GTI...

Yes, the local dealer has one of the new GTI's.  The dealer guy called me
yesterday morning and told me he had it and asked if I wanted to take it
out.

My wife and I went by after seeing a house up in that area.

My impressions:

I am still on the fence as to whether or not I like the looks of the car.  I
am sure it will grow on me in time, but I am still not all that into the
styling of the A5 cars. This car had the 2.0L 16V FSI motor and the 6sp
tranny. OMG that motor is smooth. Second gear was hard to get out of, cause
the motor just kept screaming to be pushed further. There seemed to be no
limit to how high the rpms would go. Third gear was incredible. I think you
could cruise on the highway in third and the car would respond like you
would hope. Overall the car was a very nice ride. The big disc's are very
responsive. Just a feathering of the brake peddle would launch anyone not
belted in through the windshield. The interior was leather and was very
nice. I am not fond of the seat mechanism in the way it lets the rear
passengers into the car. The A4 we looked at had the great lever you pull
and the seat moves forward and flips up and then with a light push back it
goes to where it started. This seat slides forward but getting it back into
place required an adjustment to the seat for the driver.

Go drive one when they come to your area.

I want that motor, but in each of my roccs.

Dave

David L Winchell, II

87 2.0L 16V Scirocco

84 Scirocco BBS G60 Turbo