2K Bogging update - Aux Air Valve Question

I think I may have tracked down the culprit for my leaning out at 2K.   I
was just going over some of the connections looking once again for a vac
leak when I happen to move the tube that goes from the TB to the Aux Air
valve.  I noticed that when pushed a certain way it hisses when released
it does not.

It looks like the small piece of rubber that connects the tube to the Aux
air valve probably has a crack in it. I did the typical Canadian fix and
duct taped it :)   Car runs much better this morning.  On the way to work,
it still stutters occasionally, but not nearly as bad as before.  So this
weekend I am going to pull off the tube and redo the connections to see if
it helps.

QUESTION:

has anyone actually removed this system from their car?   I know on the
newer digi cars you can remove the ISV and still have a decent idling car
(around here we don't really have a need for the ISV as the temps don't
swing that much).  It will idle a little rough for a few minutes but it is
acceptable.  A common thing on the G60s up here (rather than a reroute).

So I was wondering how the CIS system would handle not having the valve to
stabilize the idle.  Anyone tried it?  I thought I might, but I don't want
to go down that road and have to put it all back together again if someone
else has already figured out that removal of the aux air valve will make
the car undrivable.

TIA

Cory Langford
'86 Roc turbo,