'77 parts car

 http://portland.craigslist.org/pts/122584505.html

I spoke with the guy parting this car and he said he wanted $250 for the
entire car which is missing the windshield and the air box.  It was been
damaged on the passenger rear quarter and the door but it did run and drive
when he parked it 4 months ago.  Said the fenders were good except the
passenger side looked a little dinged up front.  Bad thing is I am stuck in
Salt Lake till next weekend so I won't be able to see it till next weekend.
If anyone needs some early MK1 parts let me know and I might just get what
people need off of it.  Other info is stock chrome bumpers, black vinyl
interior but without windshield it is probably a lake inside with all the
rain Portland has been getting, cracked dash, no instrument cluster, has
grill, lights, 1.6 motor and 4 speed tranny.  Forgot to ask what color the
car was but I was only looking for a decent hatch seal when I first called.
I am thinking of offering him $100 for the shell and he can keep the 1.6 and
4-speed since I do not need any more of them.  Feel free to call him direct
for any other information.

Only seen 1 Scirocco, mars red MK2 with a blue hair behind the wheel, the
whole time I have been in Salt Lake which has been off and on over the last
4 weeks.  Did find a guy that has a 83 GTI that has been sitting about a
year in his yard and wants to get rid of it.  Hoping to see it this
weekend.  Might be driving a VW back from SLC instead of flying, too bad it
it not a Rocco.

Starting to go crazy since I have not driven a Scirocco in over 7 days!

--
Gordy
MK1 x 3