Decarbonization

>From: Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com>
>To: Craig Steiner <steiner_ca@hotmail.com>, scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: Decarbonization
>Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:53:12 -0800 (PST)
>

>--- Craig Steiner <steiner_ca@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>Also found the timing belt tensioner had
> > failed.  The belt
> > was just sliding over the tensioner digging grooves into
> > the belt.  I think
> > I dodged a bullet there.
>
>So we would assume you changed the belt while you were at
>it, right?
>

>Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
>'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
>'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
>'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172
>The first rule of intelligent tinkering is to save all the parts -
>Ehrlich's Law.

I like to live on the edge, but that's a little too close, so yes the belt
was changed too.  An engine swap is planned in the future, but this one's
gotta last at least another 6 months.

For Daun and the other aviation buffs on the list, check out my next ride at
www.t6driver.com.  I'll be teaching future military pilots (USN, USMC and
USAF) in that thing.  Can't wait!

Craig Steiner
'88 Alpine White 16V