No Axles?

 From what I know (and have experienced), I would NEVER roll a car
without axles again.  It will munch your wheel bearings in a big hurry,
even with just a very short trip (like onto a flatbed).  I had to tow a
buddy's Audi V8 quattro from Milwaukee to his house (about 45 miles), I
removed the rear axles and put it on a dolly.  A few weeks later he tore
into it, and the rear bearings were completely frelled, and the only
things holding the rear wheels on during the trip were the brakes! EEK!
Granted, it was a long journey, but I should have known better.
So, get yourself some junk CVs, pull off the splined wheel end, and
install it with the axle nut torqued, just to save yourself a bunch of
aggrivation.
Nate