Jumpy tach

On 11:22:41 pm 01/03/06 "Koabi Brooks" <koabi@seeohdee.com> wrote:
> Ok so I haven't driven my scirocco in months, but the jumping
> tachometer issue it has popped in my head on my drive home.
>
> Long ago I put on gauge faces.  Since then, the tach will jump around
> when you blip the throttle in neutral.  Is this possible to correct?
>
> koabi

In my experience, whacky tach has always been due to a bad connection from
the ignition coil, the wire with red/black stripes (not black/red stripes,
that's a different wire - Jim, I'll take German engineers I'd like to slap
for $500 please) It comes off terminal 1 (same side as the green wire, it's
easier to distinguish from the others on the coil). Check that bugger for
snugness/soundness/crust levels, and if it is snug etc, then figure out if
it's corrupted elsewhere.
Cathy