"Knife" finds a home in the GWN...

The 82 ("Knife") that I bought from Mark Peele is enjoying it's first
day as a Canadian citizen...

Pic:  <http://home.cogeco.ca/~mardak/knife.jpg>

One toll booth worker asked if I always carried a spare...  :D

There were a few tense moments while towing through a mini-blizzard
near Syracuse NY, but nothing like the major tank-slapper Anson and I
experienced last year towing the Durocco from Vermont.  Even though it
only snowed twice here this winter (?!), I'm glad I bought those
Nokian RSi's - I don't think I could have made it up some of the hills
without them...

I'm quite happy with the 82!  Some nice parts on it, and it's in
really good shape.  The interior is probably the nicest I've ever
owned.  Hopefully I can put it in my shop this week, after the guy who
bought my 80S FINALLY gets his ass in gear and gets it out of there...
 There's an ABA block on my floor that's begging to rev again, so
it'll probably find it's way in the 82.

Now I have an example of the first year of both Scirocco generations!
Not quite the "royal flush" I was working on last year (when I had
seven!), but a goal of mine since I got into these things over 15
years ago...   82's, and especially 75's, are hard to find these
days...

A public "Thanks!"  goes out to Mark for selling me the car.  He's a
great guy, and a true Scirocco nut.  Speaking of nuts, props to Grant
for freezing his nads off giving me a hand assembling my dolly and
that was VERY much appreciated...  Also "Thanks!" to Peter for the
hospitality and holding onto my and Cathy's windshields till I got the
chance to pick them up.  This weekend proved to me yet again that the
.org list is full of good people!

Later,

Mark.
75