I'm gonna do my first clutch this weekend...

Mine is very primative, though.  I cut two 2x4s, nailed them together and
just sling a small chain over them and connect to the motor.  Took me 5
minutes to make, but it gets the job done.

I like the bungee idea for the jack/trans.  Sometimes, it's the simplest
things that you don't think of that can be very useful.

(I'm outta digest mode!)

Jim