From: scirocco-l-bounces+peter=thescirocco.com@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+peter=thescirocco.com@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of
GGehrke
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:34 PM
To: Allyn
Cc: Scirocco list
Subject: SPAM-LOW: Re: Suspension Geeks: Strut mount question

> Would work, but you would want way higher grade bolts/nuts holding
> that together. I would even consider >2 holes, possibly having the
> other 2 on your lower backing plate. Strut towers take some serious
> shock loads in the upwards direction.

Yea, that would definitely be part of the plan, forgot to mention it..

> Seems dead-on to me, though the spring perches are missing.
>

> Well, the spring perch has a little taper to it, and there is some
> space between the bushing and perch, so there is at least some room to
> use there. You have to avoid locking the upper spring perch against
> the body of the car, or else the spring will be twisted as steering
occurs.

So something more along these lines:

http://www.xgtgx.com/img/StrutMountModRev1.jpg

I'm basically just going on whatever images I can find on the net, though,
so I'm not too sure.

Has anyone done anything along these lines?  Would it be retarded for me to
just "give it a try?"

-Grant-