In San Antonio now. Any listers close?

Finally arrived in San Antonio (Randolph Air Force Base) for training.
Almost didn't make it.  Alternator suddenly seized up while driving at 75
mph near the 290 mile marker on I-35 South in Texas.  Lucky for me the tow
truck driver from AAA "knew a guy" who might still be available (it was 6 PM
and most garages were closed).  So 5 hours and $580 later, I'm back on the
road with a no name alternator from some FLAPS in Killeen, TX.  The local
one didn't have one of course.

Then the headlights quit as I pulled into Randolph at 1 AM and had I to be
police escorted to the billeting office.  Switch was completely melted to
the wiring harness.  Autobahn in San Antonio just happened to have one
sitting on a shelf.  The dealerships could only special order it.  One said
it was no longer available.

Oh yeah, my e-brake seized up, the day before my trip, right in front of
Sears.  Those guys were nice enough to let me use the lift to take a look at
it.  One of the techs pulled a clip off the cable and it came loose.  No
charge.  Any ideas as to what's going on there?

I've had this car since mid 1992 and it has never left me sitting anywhere.
Now I'm up to 3 times in two days!!  Argh!

I think I'll try to find a Lotus dealer and just drop the money for a new
Elise...

Craig
'88 Alpine White 16V