Removing dipstick tube, and archives no worky?

Let you know Monday....

David
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark F." <mardak@gmail.com>
To: "Chuck Blue" <sukchew@cox-internet.com>
Cc: "David Utley" <fahrvergnugen@cox.net>; "T Berk" <bayareaberk@yahoo.com>;
"Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: Removing dipstick tube, and archives no worky?

On 2/18/06, Chuck Blue <sukchew@cox-internet.com> wrote:
> Why is it necessary to remove the dipstick tube?
> ole blue

The machine shop I used to work at, when requested, sends blocks out
for a special cleaning process.  They use a type of "shot peen"
process where "largish" shot is used to clean the block.  I'm not sure
of the exact process, or what it's called, but the results are VERY
nice.  Using sandblast equipment isn't a good idea since it's
practically impossible to get all the sand out afterwards, and you're
just asking for trouble down the road...

Since my block is completely stripped at the moment, I figured I may
as well do it right and get it cleaned...

David, how much is a new tube worth (94 ABA)?

Later,

Mark.