From: "Gordon Forbess" <gforbess@attglobal.net>
To: "Neptuno" <neptunonc@yahoo.com>
Cc: "Scirocco-L" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: bosch #4202

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:14:19 -0800 (PST), Neptuno
<neptunonc@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know if the above spark plug fit the Scirocco? A person is
>giving away 4 new ones and if they fit I will pick them up.

It looks as if that's a platinum plug.  Even if it physically fits,
conventional wisdom (among the Mercedes gurus, anyway) is that you
don't use platinum plugs in anything older than 1992.  Poor idle is
the main complaint when used with older ignitions.  I'm not sure what
the collective opinion and experience is re: VWs.. but I'm sure you'll
get it.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9