bosch #4202

I tried platinum once in a roc and the are not a wise choice.  for some
reason the ignition system fouls these plugs very quickly.

Also found that the bosch plugs that have the 4 grounds for the electrodes
also seem to cause problems.

The nice cheap copper ones still work the best in old rocs - even turbo
rocs :)

Cory Langford
'86 Roc turbo,
'78 Roc turbo - Daily driver project,
'65 Ghia Coupe
95 Eurovan, etc, etc... :)

Gordon Forbess <gforbess@attglobal.net>
Sent by: scirocco-l-bounces+cory_langford=bcit.ca@scirocco.org
Feb 17, 2006 09:52 AM

Neptuno <neptunonc@yahoo.com>
cc
Scirocco-L <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject
Re: bosch #4202

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:14:19 -0800 (PST), Neptuno
<neptunonc@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know if the above spark plug fit the Scirocco? A person is
giving away 4 new ones and if they fit I will pick them up.

It looks as if that's a platinum plug.  Even if it physically fits,
conventional wisdom (among the Mercedes gurus, anyway) is that you
don't use platinum plugs in anything older than 1992.  Poor idle is
the main complaint when used with older ignitions.  I'm not sure what
the collective opinion and experience is re: VWs.. but I'm sure you'll
get it.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9