Hypotheticly thinking about paint

Eventually I know I will want to repaint the scirocco. It is currently
that metallic brown color and while that works, I want to change it. I
really don't know how far I will go with repainting it and whether or
not I will try to get all the rust (that I know it has even if I can't
see much) taken care of or not. But that isn't the important issue. The
issue is: what color?

I kinda want to keep the brown interior as replacing all that would get
too expensive for my income. Ok, so currently paint would be too
expensive, but I gave an old Lincoln to a mechanic friend as an engine
donor and he kinda owes me one, or at least owes me a little free paint
slinging. It really was a crappy car that I was happy to get rid of.

What colors go well with this stock brown interior? It does not have to
be a stock '80 color or even a common scirocco color, just a color that
works. I don't really want to go red or green. I don't want to make the
car look fast, I want to make it look good. Not that fast can't look
good, but that is not my focus.

Oh and an update on my getting this car road ready. I ordered the
parking brake cables, struts, and shocks today. I also got a price quote
on getting someone else to replace the cv joint boots on the front since
I know that two of them are torn and last time I worked on those it took
me way too long to get them back together and attached to the
transmission while working on my back, down hill. How does 150 labor for
both sides if all of them need to be replaced (worse case scenario) sound?

--
	--Jacob Hawes
Cars: