Oil Buzzer

Is the pressure gauge that you installed a manual one or an electric one? If it was either did you re-connect the wires to the senders for the oil dummy light? A 1985 rocco 8V should have 2 senders one at the oil flange(to center) and one at the side of the head above the coolant hose. If either is disconected or grounded it may cause the problem.

  If you placed a manual oil pressure gauge and deleted the sensor that too IIRC would cause the problem. Because the bulb does not see the electronic sender.

  HTH

  Tony

  Brian Spinney <vw_85roccoZ400@hotmail.com> wrote:
  So I got some emails sent to me and I figure I would give more information on the setup and maybe that is some of my problem.

Just incase you didn't know I am running a 8v turbo on my Scirocco. However the stock motor which was in the car when I got it never had the light come on or buzzer. I drove the car a few weeks with the stock motor and everything was good. Then I swapped my turbo motor into the car and since then the light stays on and never goes off.

Could it have anything to do with me running the Autometer oil pressure gauge?
Because that was the only thing I have changed in-between swaps.

>From the reading on the gauge I am at the ranges the motor should experience.
Could running 5w-30 be a part of that problem as well?

If anyone has information please let me know.
Thanks,
Brian

-85 Scirocco 8vT
-01 Jetta 20vT