New silver 80

So I picked up the silver 80 for $250 today.  Very, very pleased with the
shell.  Only minor issues with the rain tray and some old molding that was
screwed to the upper portion all along the sides of the car but easy fixes.
Only minor surface rust in places and no cancer was found as of yet.  Check
out the seat pattern, I have never seen it before.  All seats in remarkable
condition except a little wet.  Windshield has one small spider chip that
looks fillable.  Only had the front door cards but they are mint!  First car
I have gotten in 10 years that still had the stock rear shelf with both
plastic connectors and the plastic seats for the tray that attach into the
rear body shelf pieces.  Of course there were speakers cut into it.  Also
has a set of rear mud flaps with  "scirocco" on them that are in decent
shape.  So glad I got that 77 wrecked scirocco so I can swap all the wiring
(if it is still good), carpet, dash, rear door panels, tail lights, window
regulator, etc.  Reading previous threads it looks like I might have to trim
the 77 carpet to fit but should be no problem.  I have decided the G-60 will
go into this car instead of the 80s since it needs a lot more body work.
Only problem with the silver car is I have to chase down the title.  If not
the 77 title will work after the 77 get cut into little pieces:)  Do not
know and DMV worker that will notice the subtle difference between a 77 and
80 scirocco.  If they do they are probably on this list.

http://scirocco.dyn.dhs.org/vw/list/Gordy/80silver

Another "it's a small world" experience today.  Was selling my old dinning
room table on craig's list and the people who came by and bought it saw me
pull up with the 80 scirocco on the dolly.  The began to explain that their
son was also a scirocco nut and said he was living in Seattle and just moved
back to Hillsboro, 15 minutes from me, and gave me his card.  Has a picture
of a MK1 on it and has his vortex name but I can not locate the card at the
moment:(  They went on to explain that my shop area, that looks like a bomb
went off in a VW factory, looks very familiar.  I will hope to get in touch
with him soon.

I now have 6 sciroccos and only 2 running.  I think I have enough projects
for the next 10 years if not a life time.  Do I need professional help, my
wife is beginning to think so!  Hope everyone has a good weekend and f#*k
the half time nipple show and go drive a scirocco instead!

--
Gordy
MK1 x 5