Oh, just the usual

Since Southern Ontario is still delaying that thing known as winter, I
figured I may as well hit the garage. A few blasts of the mighty propane
jet to take the dampness out and I was comfy, Klaus was the victim today.
So I was planning to do some practical stuff, like get the blower fan and
speedometer working, but you know how plans work out. Yeah, I stripped the
interior to install that darn rusty carpet out of Inga, damn it's fine, it
positively screams 70s. And oddly enough, a 77 has slightly different slots
in it for the seat rails than a 79 has. Easily fixed though.
Some mouse had the nerve to build a nest under the shift boot, so the
speaker wires there needed attention, but otherwise it went fine. But I
need coco mats now. A bit of black spray paint on the Ebrake shaft delayed
things, so I installed an extra ground to the coil, but what the hell? Dry
spray paint in Ontario in February? Unheard of.
Obviously there were lots of little things along the way, like seat
bushings. Anyone know where to get the white triangular ones for the front
seat attachement?(not the gummy bear ones for MkIIs, the flat MkI type) and
also, the little carpet  clips for under the door sill trim? Are they still
available from the dealer, and if so, anyone got PNs?
I know, it's all small potatoes, but it's the small stuff that will drive
you mad.
Anyway, that's two weekends in a row working on MkIs, I'm just the luckiest
gal in the world eh?
Cathy