Can someone tell me what these are for?

At 08:01 AM 2/2/06, Drew Mac wrote:

>On 2/2/06, Dan Bubb <jdbubb@verizon.net> wrote:
> >
> > I'm thinking "wing" in the English sense. i.e. front fender.
> > These look like the top part of the inner fender.
>

>That's exactly what these are - I removed the DS fender on my 77 last night
>and that's exactly what the top portion of the inner fender looks like.

I'll second that.  Except I know because I have one sitting in the garage.  :)

>Where the rest of the inner fender is I don't know! ;^)
> > Maybe they're repair panels, but the work to install them, welding the
> > entire bottom edge, makes no sense.

I think they made these because of the tendency for the area where the fender
bolts to the car to rust out.

>Bingo, they're repair strips - you can seem in ETKA, but they're NLA so the
>part number's long gone.
>

> > I'm probably just wrong.
>

>Unlikely Dan... :)
>
>Drew
And if anyone is considering buying anything from this guy, he is ok.  I
have purchased some things
from him and he is fine to deal with.

John