From: Jean-Claude D?sinor [mailto:desinor@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2006 12:46 PM
To: 'Scirocco List'
Cc: David Utley; 'Chris Bennett'
Subject: Re: Hussein Executed

I disagree, his death came as a result of the misguided belief that he
had weapons of mass destruction that were putting us in danger, and that
he had a link with terrorists.
---------------------------------

Well, I have to disagree and say this is wrong, but I have evidence to
support my claims. You have hit on three distinct bits of disinformation,
so I will refute each below. With that in mind, I would be curious to see
your support for your claims...

"On July 18, 2005, Saddam was charged by the Special Tribunal with the first
of an expected series of charges, relating to the mass killings of the
inhabitants of the village of Dujail in 1982 after a failed assassination
attempt against him."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein#Trials

As for the notion there were no WMDs, have a read...

"I'm sorry, did the New York Times just put on the front page that IRAQ HAD
A NUCLEAR WEAPONS PROGRAM AND WAS PLOTTING TO BUILD AN ATOMIC BOMB?

What? Wait a minute. The entire mantra of the war critics has been "no
WMDs, no WMDs, no threat, no threat", for the past three years solid. Now
we're being told that the Bush administration erred by making public
information that could help any nation build an atomic bomb.

Let's go back and clarify: IRAQ HAD NUCLEAR WEAPONS PLANS SO ADVANCED AND
DETAILED THAT ANY COUNTRY COULD HAVE USED THEM."

http://tks.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZTJjYzYzYmMwNjY3N2YwNWE5NDQ3ZTQzZDczZW
U5N2Y=

As for the lack of links with Saddam and Terrorism, read more...

"WASHINGTON-The Wall Street Journal has added its voice to those - in and
out of government - who have concluded the circumstantial evidence linking
Saddam Hussein?s Iraq to the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, the 1993 first
World Trade Center bombing, as well as the 9-11 attacks, is overwhelming.

Former CIA Director James Woolsey also expresses skepticism that Timothy
McVeigh, executed for the Oklahoma City bombing, and his accomplice Terry
Nichols, sentenced to life in prison and awaiting further trial on murder
charges, could have planned and executed this monstrous crime all by
themselves."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/9/9/111622.shtml

And another link...

" Insight has learned that the widow of Philippine-government intelligence
agent Edwin Angeles has provided audiotaped testimony to an investigator
working for the American victims' families that directly ties Iraqi
intelligence agents to Terry Nichols, the man sentenced in 1998 to life in
prison for his role in bombing the Alfred P. Murrah Building seven years
ago."

http://okcbombing.org/News%20Articles/Insightmag_042202.htm

The US government filed a suit against the government of Iraq in '01 or '02
for it's connection, but I am having a hard time finding a link...

While I don't think 'W' is the best thing since sliced-bread, I support his
decision to go to Iraq. The man is an idiot in many ways, but he got this
one right.

Cheers,
David