Hussein Executed

I think that this is a mistake.

Not because I fear some lame reprisal from the Baath party remnants...
I think he was much more useful alive, and he should have rotted in a
cell.  I believe in the death penalty... don't mistake that, but I
think any loss of life--even his, needs a good reason.  What was the
benefit of his hanging, over life in prison?  120-something people he
ordered to die, and that SHOULD be punished, but would his country and
world be better served with him dead?

We will see I suppose.  He was convicted by his countrymen so I guess
I can't bitch too much.

Besides if it wasn't for Saddam Hussein I wouldn't have the 2nd best
line in Armaggedon; "Saddam Insane bombin' us!!!"  (First being
ANYTHING said by Lev the Cosmonaut. "American components, Russian
Components... All made in Taiwain!!!"  "Bunch of American Cowboys..."

Then again my opinion may be skewed by percocet and muscle relaxers.

Chris