OT: Simple computer question

Well, the version I removed was 33 Mb so that's not hugely different, and
there should be room since the removal of the old one should have made
space. And the fancy video iPods and associated software are useless to me,
which is why I asked Santa for the teeny shuffle, I just want it for
portable music, and didn't really expect it to be difficult to set up since
the other one wasn't. (I actually figured it would run on the same
software, silly me) The real burn is that this new version likely supports
features which I will never use, like video. (Yeah, I can't DL videos
either)

As for the neighbour with high speed? There ISN'T one. It's just too
expensive out here, like $600 extra per year for DL only, PLUS your ISP
PLUS second phone line. There ARE no good options. The phone lines are too
outdated to support high speed dialup, we've tried. Is the internet really
worth $1000+ annually? I'd rather buy car parts. Not to mention that Dell
here is aging rapidly.

Likely I'll end up driving an hour and a half and use my daughter's in
Guelph. As for school? I have no computer in my day to day life, none of my
teachables are electronics friendly (dust, water, corrosives) so that means
the staff room/library. And then there is the issue of the net nanny, it is
a SCHOOL. No way an .exe would slip through. And I'm not geeky enough to
figure a work-around. So that leaves the point of purchase/manufacturer
option. Maybe they have a new version of iTunes on disc.

So, in the reality of my world, should I keep trying to DL it and hope to
get a good copy? See, I don't DL software often, because it is just too
painful.
Cathy