drove a 2001 jetta 1.8T today...

wow...

i decided to give it a "proper" test drive.  slipped the clutch as gently as
i could, then let her rip.  at first(idle to about 2500-3000rpm) i was
severely disappointed, "this is all its got?!?". then i here a small whistle
and it was like nothing I've felt before.  this is the second turbo car I've
driven. first being a eclipse 2.0L turbo.  the jetta was a wolfsberg
edition, looking completely like a 8v one, but packing the 1.8T.  i cant
think of a fancy way to describe the feel of the turbo kicking in.  i am
seriously working in a turbo kit to my car now:)