Rocco runs again, BUT.....

1) Vacumn
2) Air/Fuel
Get some ether (starter fluid) and spray around the intake rubbers. If there is a leak then the engine will rev up. The leak will be after the air flow plate, The incoming air will lean out the engine with out causing the plate to lift and supply fuel.
Many years ago, I had the pin in the dist become clogged with tar. It would only drop sooo far before stopping. This caused similar problems. I cleaned it with carb cleaner by releasing the bent washer, removing the nut and removing the pin. Spray cleaner in the hole and re-insert the pin and work it in and out. Do this several times. re-assemble and crank the car.

Good luck!