lowering blather

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordy Stedman [mailto:ydrogs@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 11:24 PM
To: LEF; Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: lowering blather

On 12/22/06, LEF <rocco16@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Easiest way to lower the front for the California rake look is to move the
> lower spring pads down on the strut bodies.  Then, use the stock springs
AND
> the stock-type shocks.  All it takes is some welding skill (and not a lot,
> either).

How is lowering the spring perch with a welder *easier* than cutting the
spring with a sawsall or a hacksaw to lower the front end?  You will still
blow out your stock shock either way with the decreased suspension travel.
Must be why you had to upgrade to the Bilsteins.  Still waiting for the
expert to reply.  When do you think Earl MacPherson, August Bilstein
or Colin Chapman will be chiming in?  They are current menbers of this list,
right Brett :)
--
Gordy
MK1 x 4

I agree with Gordy.  What's more, when you lower the spring perch down, I am
willing to bet that you are more likely to bottom-out if you go over a big
whoop.

David