From: LEF [mailto:rocco16@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 8:32 PM
To: Chris Bennett; Peter
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: SPAM-LOW: Re: lowering blather

Cutting coils, aftermarket coils, matching the damping to spring
rate........????????????

Easiest way to lower the front for the California rake look is to move the
lower spring pads down on the strut bodies.  Then, use the stock springs AND
the stock-type shocks.  All it takes is some welding skill (and not a lot,
either).

I did it, am using standard Bilstein cartridges, and have no complaints.
Nice ride, nice look, no change in spring rates so no change in handling.
Only downside (and it's the same downside you'll get using ANY lowering
method) is a reduction in suspension travel.

Let's not make things more complicated than they have to be.

larry

sandiego16v